Thursday, July 7, 2011

Look at this thing...



So, my host family and I were watching American Idol when all of a sudden the topic of spiders came up and they asked me what size spiders typically are in America.  I told them they really are really aren't that big, so they informed me that they'd seen one in their kitchen this morning- a 'wolf spider'- and joked that I should catch it for them.  So we went upstairs.  I was the last one there and they were all gathered around the corner of the kitchen looking up near the ceiling.  I couldn't really see it because my view was blocked by the top of the cabinets.  My anticipation was pretty high because everyone else was flipping out, so I just inched over little by little and when I finally saw the thing, there was a definite increase in heart rate haha- it was BIG.  Oh well, I can't say that I'm surprised that African spiders are much more intense than American ones.  P.S.  We ate ostrich again for dinner tonight.  It is a regular dish here haha.  






No comments:

Post a Comment