Saturday, June 25, 2011

Getting here...

10:45 PM Friday 6/24/11
Getting here...
Wow, so right now I am sitting in the guest room of my host family’s house, getting my first solid chunk of time on a computer since I left on last Friday (6/17).  I guess we should start with the craziness of actually getting to South Africa!  Let me write out the logistics for the original plan:
3:15 PM flight from Boston to JFK Aiport in New York
11 PM flight (with all of the other Worldteach volunteers) from JFK to Dubai
and then a flight a few hours later from Dubai to Cape Town, South Africa
So anyway, I’m going to try to make this short since there is so much more to say!  My flight to New York was delayed 8 hours due to thunderstorms at JFK.  Basically, I ended up leaving Boston around the same time my supposed-to-be flight was taking off at JFK for Dubai.  Once I got to JFK, I met up with a few of the other stranded volunteers who had missed the flight and we slept on the floor of JFK because the next flight didn’t leave until the next morning.  Not comfortable haha.  Anyway, it was an experience!  

No comments:

Post a Comment